Wednesday, 22 April 2009

As promised - BIG NEWS!! (and also a Freebie)

OK, lets take this slow...
Those of you that visitd my blog before might know that I applied to a digital scrapbooking store as a designer about a year ago and they didn't want me - and many, many things kept me from trying again. I really wanted to see if anyone would ever buy my creations, but RL just got in the way.

So, a couple of weeks ago Nicole contacted me that she was going to start a digi scrapbooking design store and that she wanted me to be one of her designers! I was absolutely thrilled but didn't quite believe that it would actually happen.


BUT:
It happened! Nicole actually started a Forum, a gallery and a store at digiscrapdesign.com. Why don't you go their now and register? Its not a big community yet and the store isn't fully stocked, but you'll have the chance to shape the community! At least, drop by and wish us good luck :-)

And mark the date on your calendars, ladies - the grand opening is on National Scrapbooking Day! Come on over and grab a freebie or two and take part in the Contests!

Meet the Designers:
Nicole, Store owner and designing non-stop can be met on this Blog
She has a freebie up for earth day - awesome colors!
Wacky Scrap Designs: has no blog yet and her kits are only available to her creative team so far. Can't wait to see what she comes up with!
Veelana: that would be me. I cand be met here on my blog (kinda stating the obvious here...) and I'm also creating non stop. Alas, I have no one to create anything with my kits!
So I decided to have a creative team call! You can be part of this new and exciting store! If you are interested in becomming part of my creative team, check out my previous freebies to get a feel for my style, but be aware that I am constantly trying new things.

So, if you want to do this, please
-> register at digiscrapdesign.com
-> send me a PM - I am Veelana, as I am on almost every forum
-> Tell me if you are on any creative team already, why you scrap, a link to your gallery, if I know you on any other forum etc...
-> get the link to an exclusive kit to create with
-> send me your Layout(s) before May 5th so I can decide on a team before the grand opening is over.
-> if you are a well known designer and I admire you work and you are for some reason still interested in my stuff (*gasp*), you can always guest CT any of my kits, just ask!

And I know you're all here for the freebie, but I will make you wait a little longer...

We had an awesome easter sunday, Dorian got his first bike! It has no pedals, you have to push it with your legs, but He's doing great so far. We hunted for some easter eggs (I found a book - second part to the "age of the five" by trudi canavan) and played "Descent" outside in the sunshine. Dorian had a high fever in the night - over excitement I would guess. He's better, though and it seems Lilith hasn't caught whatever he had.


So, RL has had me in its claws and I only managed to finish my color challenge freebie now! I'm usually so much quicker with this...

It's really a mini kit this time - and I'm not apologizing for it, I have been told off for it already :-) I always love working with Kim's colors, they always challenge me - and this time they where wayyy out of my comfort zone, but I like what I came up with. I'm totally into that "paper pieced" look, and at least one of the kits that will be in the store for the opening is made like that, too - and I think the freebie kit will go well with it!

So, thanks for sticking with me to the end - your freebie can be found here: http://www.filedropper.com/09april
4shared isn't working for me at the moment, so bear with me while I try out other free services. If you download the file, leave me a comment on the blog, please? And remember not to share ANY scrapbooking files unless you have the exptress consent of the creator! Send people to my Blog, M'kay?

So, see you soon - I'll have plenty of freebies to give away during the opening celebrations!

Huggles,
Vee

6 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the mini-kit! I especially like the textures of your papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOH CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is stunning news!!!!! Got a big smile on my face and a hug for you, its so exciting!!!! I wish you all the very best and will hold my thumbs 4u!!! Your colour challenge is AWESOME!!!
    Congrats again and look forward to seeing more of your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super kit, love the papers, thanks for sharing. Good luck on your new store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the store! I'll be looking forward to checking it out. Many thanks for the cute kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks vee...I grabbed the freebie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH CONGRATS GF!!!
    Wishing you all the best too!!

    LOVE this kit and I thank you for sharing your talent with us ;-)

    Hows the little one?

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete