Sunday 9 May 2010

The first bunch has arrived!

I am very happy to announce that the first three dolls are now for sale in my etsy store! The first two are pretty tall, 16" each, made from cotton jersey, with soft bodies and waldorf style heads.

The red headed little boy has brown eyes and freckles and wears a pair of jeans and a simple shirt. I absolutely loved doing his hair - the yarn was so much fun to crochet! Please click on the pictures to view them in full resolution - my monitor shows weird patterns on the dolls skin, but in full resolution mode they are gone, so please go and take a look.

The little girl has almost mysterious green eyes and black hair with blue and teal highlights - I love the way it looks! Her hair is not fully styleable, but her shortish hair can be styled a little bit and if any strands of hair come loose, you can always tuck them back into her blue headband.


The third doll is a tiny baby with closed eyes. It has no body as such, just a bunting made from very soft cotton velour. Its hat has a knot for teething babies to chew on, so it can be a perfect first companion for a baby - or a great present for an expecting mom. If you want one in a different color, just tell me - I'll see what I can do!

And on a more personal front, if you are wondering why I'm blogging on mothers day: my husband has taken the kids outside (I think they are going to a childrens museum) so I can have some mommy-me-time. And what do I do? Work. *sigh* I'll go play sims 3 now - my husband got me a new graphics card for my computer for mothers day :-D We're such nerds...

So please - enjoy your mothers day, check out anita renfroe's mom song on youtube and get a little present if you order anything from my store today. Just tell me your favourite part from the mom song :-)

Keep creatin'
Vee





1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for your post. Your dolls are absolutely adorable!! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete