Tuesday 25 January 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Hello There,
as most people who know me in RL know, I am a regular bookworm. When I was 15 I went through 8-10 Books per week. I started reading english books to slow down a bit, but that doesn't work anymore...
Having kids takes care of that, though - and running an online store, too :-) Anyway, here are 10 books I really recommend - in no particular order:
  • Dave Duncan: A man of his word (a very awesome series about a stableboy who does everything in his power to save his queen - because he promised, with an equaly awesome prequel series)
  • George R.R. Martin: A game of thrones (This is the most stunning and complex piece of historic fantasy I've ever read. It is incredible!)
  • Patrick Rothfuss: The Kingkiller Chronicles (So far, only the first part is out, but the second part is on its way)
  • J.R.R. Tolkien: Lord of the Rings (Do I really need a Reason?)
  • Susan Cooper: The Dark Is Rising sequence (I think this was one of the first fantasy books I've ever read - and its a sweet not quite young adult series of five novels about children in our world who have to discover old treasures to fight off the dark)
  • Robert A. Heinlein: Stranger in a strange world (I would actually recommend reading all of his work, but thats my favourite!)
  •  Joe Haldeman: The long Habit of living
  • Terry Pratchett (with Neil Gaiman): Good Omens (I highly recommend all of Pratchetts discworld novels, too, but this one is one of the most hillarious books I know)
  • Orson Scott Card: Speaker of the Dead (this is actually a sequel to Enders Game, but I preferred it - not as many tortured children. I don't subscribe to Cards religious, social and political views, but most of his books are awesome anyway)
  • Frank Herbert: Dune (Its a classic. 'Nuff said)

No comments:

Post a Comment