Friday 17 September 2010

Feature Friday: themagpiesdaughter

ello there,
welcome back to my series of friday blogfeatures! If you want to be part of this, please check out this post and leave me a comment!


Featured Artisan today:
themagpiesdaughter

I've been on etsy for a couple of years now. I started as a buyer but then started to sell my jewellery, i still buy from other etsians of course. There is so many wonderful things on there! When I'm not making jewellery I work in a library or drink tea. ;)

Where do you sell the things you make?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/themagpiesdaughter

Are you on any etsy teams?
I'm on two very lovely teams. One is the daily challenge sweets team on etsy http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=all&search_query=dailychallenge&ref=auto and the other is a small team which meets in my city each month for a businessy chat with tea and muffins. ;)


Do you have a blog or a newsletter?

I update my blog regularly! www.themagpiesdaughter.blogspot.com
I also have an e-newsletter that I send out each month (if you want to join send me a message through my webpage, on etsy or by email).

What is it you're making and how did you get into it?
I've always had a fascination with shiny things (magpie by name...) and used to make jewellery out of all sorts of things, usually for my lovely Mum. I love an ecclectic feel and I'm always searching for vintage brooches and things I can take apart and make into something new.

What does your day look like?
I like to give my mister a cuddle before he goes off to work then I get a cup of tea and check my emails and orders. I'll package my orders then walk to my post office (it's not the closest to me but it is the best). I get to walk through a beautiful big park of which there are many photos on my blog. It's right next to an Art Gallery too. Lovely. After this, if I'm working I'll continue on the Library. If not I'll pick up some veggies on my walk home and make dinner in advance. Then I'll spend the afternoon playing with shiny beads and keys and charms.

Any tips for other artisans/crafters?
Never give up on your dreams, even if life gets in the way sometimes. ;)

Thank you so much for sharing you story with us!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh the lovely Rachel. Wonderful feature interview with one of my favourite Etsians :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feature lovely lady. :) Squee.

    ReplyDelete