Sunday 26 September 2010

I got a blog award! YAY!

Hello there, I'll break my weekend silence to thank Elle from It's a sewing life for passing this award on to me. I have not had many awards so far and I love having a new Idea to blog about :-)

The rules:
I have to post 10 things that you don't know about me, and to pass it on to more bloggers.
So here is my top ten list of things I bet you didn't know about me yet:
  1. My middle name starts with a V, but it's actually Verena, not Veelana
  2.  You know that I'm a Nerd, but you didn't know taht I actually owned a Captain Picard uniform shirt when I was 16
  3. My favourite summer snack is lemon sorbet
  4. I played American football for a year (left guard) and actually went to a NFL Europe trainings camp for young players - and all the austrian girl teams where invited
  5. I got the award for "most improved player" in the offensive line category at that camp because I never gave up (Its a hat and I still have it - I wear it whenever I need a reminder that I never give up)
  6. I've been a vegetarian for close to 20 years now
  7. I get attacks of hero worship when it comes to composers - I pick Howard Shore or Dany Elfman over most actors any day
  8. I'm an Atheist an I plan to stay one :-)
  9. I loved playing paintball
  10. I would move to a different country if I had a chance. Top picks: USA, England, Sweden
So, that's that. Now, who deserves this award and doesn't have it already? I'm going to take my blog reading list and start there:
Nani gets it - she's such a good blogger! She really has a gift for words and is always up to date with scrapbooking news.
Ellie Lash gets one - her blog looks absolutely stunning and she designed everything on there herself. She's recently been featured on my blog!
Lady Helen gets one, because her pictures are great and always make me smile.
Amber of  strocel.com getsone because she always gets really good discussions going,
and the last one goes to jodie of ric rac for  her amazing craft projects and the stories that go with it.

Sp, thanks for reading!don't forget to enter my giveaway :-)
Hugs,
Vee



2 comments:

  1. First off, thank you so much for the award! :)

    I am totally impressed that you were a football player! Cool that you still have the hat as a reminder of how great you've always been when you need a pick-me-up!

    Also, thank you for featuring Elie Lash! I got her collection of mini kits yesterday. I have so many pages they will work with in my catch-up project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award. ten things are hard to think of... I certainly have never played American football. It looks so rough . I am in the middle of a little story on my blog so shall save this for another day.
    Thanks again

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete